ALL 1846 LAPTOP MODELS BIOS UPDATE
Incorrect BIOS settings that may result in system overheating.
All 1846 Laptops
A small number of model 1846 laptops have experienced conditions where the BIOS is unable to interpret data from the processor fan speed controller leading to the heatsink overheating. This can lead to reduced product life span or possible overheating of the laptop external housing.
The BIOS should be flashed using this BIOS flash that can be downloaded by clicking on this link: 1846_BIOS.exe
· Extract the executable (1846_BIOS.exe) from the zip file, and save the executable file to the local disk.
· Double click the executable file.
· When asked to insert a floppy, make certain a floppy disk is inserted and click "OK".
· This should take a few minutes while it writes to the floppy.
· Once done, remove the floppy from the drive.
the floppy in the 1846 Laptop and reboot. It should
automatically flash the bios of this machine. When done, remove the floppy and reboot.