The MarkNet N8230 is an internal print server, that allows direct connection of a printer or MFP to a fiber optic network. It is compatible with two Ethernet over multimode fiber standards.
Lexmark MarkNet N8230 - Print server - GigE - 1000Base-SX, 10Base-FL, 100Base-FX - for Lexmark CS725de, CS727de, CS728de, CX725dhe, XC4140, XC4153
- Ethernet 1000Base-SX, Ethernet 10Base-FL, Ethernet 100Base-FX
Data Link Protocol:
- Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
Network / Transport Protocol:
- TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, AppleTalk, UDP/IP, DLC/LLC, NTP, ICMP/IP, IPSec, LPR/LPD, ARP, FTP, BOOTP, DHCP, DNS, RARP, Bonjour, DDNS
Remote Management Protocol:
- Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, NDPS, NDS, HTTPS, TFTP, IPP 1.1, SLP
- 2 x 1000Base-SX - ST multi-mode - x 2
- 2 x fiber optic cable - 3.3 ft
- 2 x network coupler
- LEAP, MD5, TLS, PEAP, TTLS
Software / System Requirements
- IBM OS/400 3.1 or later, Microsoft Windows 2000, Novell NetWare 5.x, IBM AIX 5.2, Apple MacOS X, Novell NetWare 6.x, Apple MacOS 9.2, HP-UX 11.11, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8, Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 3, HP-UX 11.23, Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, openSUSE 11.0, openSUSE 11.1, IBM AIX 5.3, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, SunSoft Solaris x86 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 4, Novell Open Enterprise Server, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 5, openSUSE 10.2, openSUSE 10.3, Debian GNU/Linux 4.0, IBM AIX 6.1, Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits), HP-UX 11.31, Linspire 6.0, Ubuntu 7.10, Red Flag Linux Desktop 6.0, Red Flag Linux Desktop 5.0, Linux Linpus Desktop 9.2, Linux Linpus Desktop 9.3, Microsoft Windows XP (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bits), Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bits), SunSoft Solaris SPARC Platform Edition 9, SunSoft Solaris SPARC Platform Edition 10, SunSoft Solaris SPARC Platform Edition 8
- Lexmark CS725de, CS727de, CS728de, CX725dhe, XC4140, XC4153
- The fiber optic edge
Support the ultimate in communication bandwidth and security: fiber optic networking. The Lexmark MarkNet N8230 fiber Ethernet print server supports network communications at the high level of speed and security by interfacing one of two LC-standard fiber ports with your supported Lexmark device's internal Ethernet connection at full-duplex fiber speeds.
- Security and data accuracy
Fiber optics have greater electromagnetic immunity, eliminating the chance of radio frequency interference in electrically "noisy" environments, such as a factory or warehouse. And since fiber optic systems do not radiate electromagnetic signals, like copper transmission lines, even sophisticated electronic methods of intercepting information won't work.
- Easy, integrated card installation
Install the card in your supported device without external boxes or adapters. You get fiber connectivity in a single, easily installable internal card.
- Network communications security
The print server supports SNMPv3, IPSec and 802.1x authentication data encryption for communication security in all supported printers and MFPs. Advanced functions, such as VLAN filtering packet processing, provide added speed.
- Network protocol support
Simultaneous active protocol support allows you to print from different systems without reconfiguring. It even supports on-board verification of IP headers and TCP/UDP checksums for received data.
No Reviews are available at this time